Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Figuring out this blog thing!

Well, here we are at day 40 something. The Chinese New Year really slowed things down. I called CCAI today to see if they have heard anything...they said no! They seemed to think that our TA will be here next week! The Lord has had us wait for 2 and a half years, I guess I could wait another month! I am hanging on to March 20 as Gotcha Day! If I could hold onto a day than I won't sit and stare at the computer anymore....sometimes I think I will find her in here! As much as I am looking, I can't find her!!!! Anyway, this is a way I am learning to Trust the Lord for His timing. AGHHHHHHH! I am not fond of the discipline process! I hope it will produce maturity in me. If the Lord does that then....BRING IT ON!

I was thinking the other day how many people think we are crazy for doing this. We thought we were too. However, we have an opportunity to bring another child into a full relationship with the Lord Jesus! How awesome is that. This was definately not a "build your family" project....some days, especially since I started Homeschooling, I can barely keep track of the 3 children I have now! However, if the Lord thought we could handle another child and love her into the Kingdom...then so be it...and I am honored! Honored that the Lord would think us capable of such a task. Many people say..."what about college?" Yes, we have thought about how we are going to provide! and yet if the Lord could provide this little one half way around the world with a forever family, can't He provide for her future as well? I have been thinking I would rather bring a child into this family that SO loves each other and the Lord than have a beautiful house...or more toys...or a new car, etc. I would much rather care for these children that the Lord gave to me in such a way that will lead them to live their lives in a glorifying way to the Lord than have a life full of "world travels" or luxury! When I meet the Lord face to face I'd rather be worn and tattered from the work that I have done to further His Kingdom than show Him pictures of my luxuries lived in this life! Thank you for your prayers. Continue praying for this transition. Pray for Rebekah that she will be as prepared for us as a 1 and a half year old can be! Pray for the children that we have to leave here. Sean is already trying to hold back the tears when we talk about our trip! He will have a hard time! Praise our precious Lord for bringing this one into our lives! and allowing us to experience this miracle!

No comments: