Saturday, February 23, 2008

The New Look!

My blog got a face lift! This is fun trying to be computer savvy!

Well, yesterday was pretty frustrating! I have not received our I171 yet and we should be getting our TA any day. I called our social worker and at first she wasn't going to do anything for us. After a bit of persuasion she gave us the website for uscis. The website said that you need a receipt number to check your case. I don't have that! Then, the "chart" said that they are only through Oct. 17 07. That would mean another month before we get ours. After a few panic tears I called our social worker again...she left for a meeting so the dear Karen Ashby sent me to someone else! She gave me a list of things I need to do, included is to call Senator Feinstein's office to get the paperwork moving! All of these legalities and I have NO CONTROL. Kind of hard for a mommy to not be in control of one of her babies! The Lord has been sweet. My mom called today and picked me up a turtle. She had no idea what happened yesterday but picked up a gift for me. Turtles have special meaning between my grandma and me. She passed away shortly before we started this process. She would give me a turtle at every "hard" event in my life! All of my "growing pains" have been marked by turtles! Wasn't that sweet of our Lord to bring me a little sentimental gift to let me know that all is under His care! That is what this is - another growing pain! It is all in His time and I need to feel these emotions for I think they are a part of the bonding process...but I still need to trust in the Lord. One blogger has said it like this...To China In God's Time...TCIGT. So I will call it all joy and wait on Him...the Giver of all good things...including a little girl in China who will someday call me mom!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Trisha,
You and your family are in our prayers. 14 years ago my lifelong best friend, Cindy, adopted a beautiful little Chinese baby. That little baby has grown into an amazing young women, now in 8th grade! She has quite a story to tell about the total experience of adopting Rachel. if you would like to talk with her about the China trip or any of the other things you are experiencing let me know and I will give you her contact information.
God Bless you as you reach out to this little one...
What room will you use for the nursery?? My baby (Woody, now 17)was in the middle room, next to the master. I am so happy "our" house is filled with such an amazing Christian family-God is so good!
Love,
Sara Martin

Anonymous said...

Though the building on the blog here looks like fancy architichure, I am sure the babies could care less. The only shelter they want is, in Mommy's arms. I can't wait to read about, how you hardly have a moment because you are in your little love cocoon with Rebekha!
Sorry these labor pains last months (rather than hours). We know Jesus is holding your right hand through these pains.
-Jan Marie Miller