Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Allright, I am taking orders. How many children do I come home with? These little girls are the most remarkable children. Put in your order now!!!!! (I really wish it was that easy!) All of the 13 children adopted in this groupp have all changed so much. It is neat to see what a little bit of love and attention can do. What an amazing baby the Lord has blessed us with! She has changed so much in the last few days! This morning she woke up with a smile! She is also letting Jeff hold her for minutes at a time...that is better than running away from him!!!! Right now she is talking to me. Her babbling has even changed!!!!!

Today, we went on a tour of the temple here in town. It was beautiful! At the top of the temple we got to see a show. People were dressed in traditional costume and sang and played traditional instruments. Very wonderful. Rebekah loved it! After the temple we went to another Chinese lunch! The food was really good!

We are still waiting for Rebekah's passport and visa. That should come through on Friday. Today the paperwork from the notary will be here. Jeff will go tonight to check it out and make sure everything is correct. There are so many people in this city working for us right now...unbelievable. We have officials doing paperwork, guides, laundry people, etc.....you would think we were some kind of famous person. The trip to the temple was interesting. We had a crowd of Chinese people following us all the time. I was able to talk with a man at one point. He couldn't understand why I wanted this baby! They all think americans are so nice....I think it is more than that! Someone bigger is in charge!!!! He knows what wonderful creatios He made and how they need mommies and daddies! and brothers and sisters....It is quite sad...everywhere you go you don't see very many children. In America you see more children than adults. Here, you see children more like every 5th adult.

Enough commentary....We are with some really neat people. Most of us are going to church on Easter together! Mary told us where to go! We are all looking forward to that! Tomorrow we will do some shopping!

Rebekah is havig a meltdown so must get going. Kids...I miss you terribly. Jan, I look forward to seeing you in the palm tree. Sherrie....I'm a Rebekah junkie too....Actually I watch a lot of adoption blogs...pretty amazing stories. I'm so blessed the Lord choose us to walk this journey. Thanks for reading all. Your comments are great.

Loads of Love
Tricia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will order one maybe two. We are off to the mountains. Kids are excited. There will be an Easter craft day, Easter egg hunt, and Easter party up there. Hope all goes well with your next travel day. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
We'll take one little girl, too, please!
The kids love to read about Rebekah and her progress. We check every morning. They have watched the video (when she plays with blocks)many, many, many times. We missed you guys at dance on Tuesday. Next week Juline is having spring break so Maggie is not missing much...
We can't wait to see you all again...
Take care!
Bill, Sylviane, Ben and Eva

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia,

I'll take one or two or three little girls!!!!! You and Jeff have been in our prayers and we are so excited for you and your family!! We have so enjoyed your blog! This is the first time I have been at a computer since Saturday so I wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Sean and I have been at a photography convention in Las Vegas this week and I started crying in the middle of the Bellagio when I saw the pictures of you with Rebekah for the first time on Sean's blackberry. How sweet she is!! She is like a little doll!! Thank you for sharing your adventures and Rebekah with us! We can't wait to meet her and have you home!

Talk to you soon,

Brandi

Anonymous said...

"Hello my name is Theo, and I know a lot abour babies crying, and we could go to China, and um um, we could feed them a bottle, or give them pizza. Rebekah is a princess."

-Theo saw the Blog pictures today and wanted to write a message. His exact words.

In Him,

Jan Marie Miller

Anonymous said...

OK, I totally miss you now. I have had the craziest week at work and have missed so much while you were in China. My week doesn't seem so crazy anymore reading all about your week! You have done way more than I have - and you have a 2 year old with you that you are trying to get to know! She is completely adorable!! We can't wait to get to know her too! I really miss you Tricia. Your Mom smile makes me cry. Love, Debbie Sanders

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids, We are here at the campsite having a great time. All three kids have been riding bikes all day. you should see Maggie ride up and over hills. She has two speeds..stop and fast. We had a fire and s'mores. Tomorrow we are off to a state park and possibly Daffodil Hill or a town called Volcano. Saturday a day of Easter fun. Hope all is well and everything came through just fine for Rebekah. Loads of Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! He is Risen! (this is the part where you say "He is Risen Indeed!") I wanted to be sure you didn't miss that on Easter Sunday. It isn't quite Easter Sunday here but I'm not sure with the time change when that will be for you so if I'm early, read this again on Easter. If I'm late, pretend I'm on time. :) Miss you today. Brian went to the driving range to hit some golf balls. He had to take 2 of the girls with him. Right when I called to tell him I was there to pick them up I saw him shank the ball pretty bad. I guess he's not quite ready for the men's retreat. Oh wait - this goes out to everyone on the internet. Scratch that - he will do great! He hit them all wonderfully when I was there. He is a force to be reckoned with on the golf course. Men - beware of Sanders! Can't wait until you get back in the States. How is Rebekah doing today? Is Jeff more likable today? I hope her tummy has settled into a normal routine. Love to all, Debbie Sanders