Sunday, March 16, 2008

We got her!






What a day! Rebekah is now in are arms! What a wonderful day! Just like Jeff said, we went down to the meeting room to get baby tips, etc. for an hour and a half! Then, we waited for the babies. I saw the Hoppes baby come in...they are a family that was on the Special Needs list as well and had the same Log in date (LID) as we did. What a cutie. Our two babies were the only ones that came from different orphanages. The others came from the same orphanage! Then, I looked over in the hallway and there was a little girl holding on to a man's hand tottling around! I knew that face. The other 11 babies had not arrived so they shooed us into our waiting room. I am my mother's child and I could not wait behind the door. I was bouncing around! I knew that girl was ours! What a beautiful girl. Evelyn, our guide, said that we could get her! We were the first! The Hoppes had not come down yet. When they handed Rebekah over to Jeff, the cameras started to all flash. This frightened her! She started to cry...but not for long. She calmed down so we waited around for the other babies, then went to our room. Rebekah had been scratching at her neck so we took off her clothes to find a heaet rash! I wanted to put lotion on her so we gave her a bath and lotioned her up....all is well. Jeff had to go down stairs to fill out more paperwork so Rebekah and I played on the bed. She loves her new toys and I even got her to smile and laugh! She is incredibly beautiful and more than we ever imagined! She is not quite walking but real close! Here are a few pictures and if I can figure it out...a video!


Loads of Love

Tricia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is amazingly beautiful. We can't believe the day is finally here! We are printing out the pictures to take to church today. Can't wait to meet her in person. Love, her new best friends, The Sanders

Anonymous said...

Tricia and Jeff, We knew you would send pictures soon so I logged on again and here she is. We are both overwhelmed with tears of joy and pride and can't wait to meet her. She is beautiful, looks like she has quite a personality and will be excited to meet her USA family. Maggie will have such fun. You are your mother's daughter....surprises are hard to wait for and yes, a mother knows her child. You could have picked her out of a thousand. Sleep well. See you soon. Love all the pictures and stories. Loads of Love, Mom and Dad