Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Last Part of the Trip

Boy are we ready to be home!!!! We are in Guangzhou! We took a 1 hour flight to get here. Rebekah was a dream!!! She has not been drinking her bottle without throwing it up but took a water bottle on the take off. It was like she knew she needed to clear her ears. We definitely have a keeper! Then, after trying to keep her awake on the bus to the airport with no success she fell asleep again on the plane just in time for the landing...which kept her ears from hurting. I am amazed.

Sorry I did not post yesterday. We had an extremely busy day. We got more papers, went shopping for things made in Nanchang, had to pack all...including the things we bought. That took forever. We had a group dinner, the last with our precious guides, and a birthday party! Phew! Rebekah also had a terrible day. She wasn't feeling great and was overly clingy to me....just when I thought she was fallin for Jeff. I was a little overwhelmed. What have I gotten myself into. How am I going to handle this little one when we get home...You know, all of the first time mommy blues. I fell into bed only to have Rebekah wake up again off and on through the night. She must still be a bit stressed. Who wouldn't at 11/2?

Today has been a ton better. Rebekah is feeling better and letting Jeff hold her a tiny bit...allows me to go to the bathroom by myself! What a world of difference when there is hope that I won't be the only one to take care of this baby! Our luggage was unbelievably heavy. Jeff managed to get it all in the suitcases we brought. Thanks to our great guides, we didn't have to pay over weight baggage fee! These guides were incredibly good to us! We have a full schedule. Tomorrow, we do the last of our paperwork, more visa stuff, the famous red couch photo. The next few days we will be waiting for that set of paperwork to go through and touring Guangzhou while we wait. The White Swan is an incredibly nice hotel.

We will post pictures tomorrow. Debbie, I will not say anything about Brian's golf game! The Mommy look that you wrote about is actually sheer terror. I have forgotten the things that 11/2 year olds do like temper tantrums. WOW! They call the girls from South China "spicy girls" because of their temperaments. R definitely fits that category!

Only 5 more days. Tomorrow is Easter. "He is Risen Indeed". Hopefully we can attend church! We will post pictures tomorrow. Talk with you all tomorrow! Enjoy some Easter eggs for us!

Tricia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I was a little early with my Easter wishes. Nice to be early for a change though! I am saddened to hear about your struggles with bonding with Rebekah, the night terrors, the screaming fits, all of the adjustments that you are going through. I will definately be praying for you as the days continue on while you are there and as you continue home. The changes will continue for all of you. Remember that this is the path that God has called you on. He will continue to guide you down it one step at a time. He will sing in your ear while she cries in the other. Love, Debbie Sanders

Anonymous said...

Hi T, I could hear your frustration and feeling of being overwhelmed. I am so sad for you, Jeff and Rebekah. I agree with you, she is still a bit stressed and will probably calm down once you are home and back to a normal routine. Well, the baskets are filled, the kids are asleep..earlier tonight than last night. What a day today. We had an Easter egg hunt, Easter crafts like coloring, taking a picture with the E. bunny, making an Easter bonnet and decorating cupcakes. Maggie is now standing up while riding her bike..amazing. The boys spend most of their time outside having fun with the boys across the way. They have caught tadpoles, little fish and other things I am not sure of. Sean was excited today was the 22nd. The weather is outstanding..70 tomorrow. Dad and I are having a ball. See you soon. We love you so much. Praying for the three of you and this last leg of your trip. Loads of Love, Mom and Dad